I got a call from the tax club company from New York and I believed the hype they were selling over the phone. I should have remembered that saying, "If it sounds to good to be true it usually is."

Instead I believed it all. I gave them twice the money I would have paid to have these tax services done locally.

I got a customer service phone number from them when I purchased the plan and it turns out that number got me through to a service which was a third party phone service. The people who answered my first customer service call didn't know anything about income taxes at all. I was really worried after I made that first service call. I knew this company would be diving into my personal finances. I was afraid of what happen would happen if I needed assistance with my secure information and got referred to a third party from this club. They would call me on the phone and from then on I always wondered if they were indeed working for the tax club. I couldn't see their faces. They weren't in an office. They were just voices on the other end of the phone line. Honestly, I had no idea who I really was talking to. I worried about this constantly. Finally I asked for a refund.

I really didn't want to have my income taxes done with people so far away. I needed a service closer. The rep was so nice on the phone and seemed to really understand. If I had questions to call and he would help. Well I called several times and of course he wasn't able to take my call. This didn't help me to feel any better about this tax company. I have other issues and doubts about this company which I won't go into online.

I talked to the New York Better Business Bureau about this club. I even disputed the charge through the credit card company. It was a long and drawn out process. I didn't get that refund. At first I was a pissed consumer. I repayed the credit card company. Happily, I closed out that credit card account and swore never to use that bank again.

Yaah...I know I was a sucker. The Tax Club got some free money upfront and didn't have to do anything for it.

Honestly, I am happy to be rid of this tax club company. I have read the numerous complaints about this company from other people and I believe I am lucky to have gotten away from them without the thousands of added dollars from fees that others say have occured when using this tax club service. I say goodbye and good riddance.

Had an Experience with TheTaxClub?

Comments

Cook63

PMI and the Tax Club and so many other scammers all work together.I hope this message finds you and I'm hoping that you were successful in recovering your money.

I also hired an attorney and I did not win the case! I was scammed by the Tax Club, PMI and Fidelity Merchant Solutions too for over $30,000 about 2 yrs ago. The same thing happened to me and I hired a company called CR Consumer Resources and I recovered every penny from the Tax Club. If you want to see your money jump on it now.

This company really helped me out. I cant believe I got all of my investment from these fraudsters back. I just received my money from the credit cards that I put the transactions on yesterday. I wanted to come online and let people know where to get help.

crconsumerresources.com 888-563-5558. Take your money back! Get the help! I did and even got interest and fees paid on my credit cards.

I am still in shock.I never thought I'd see that money again.

Geez Laurie,

Looks like someone told you to back peddle on the slander and you did a good job.

OMG!I know exactly how you feel and im in the proccess of getting them off my back.

I was thinking of getting a lawyer involved and cracking down on this semi-legal scam. they have done nothing but robb me of my money and left me in debt. in return, I have a worthless S corperation that I cant do anything with without a buisness that they promissed they'd help me set up. I should have done more research on this tax club scam.

they are what you call a middle-man service, which explains your third party experiance.I wish there was something we can do about this!

myviewis

As a follow up to my complaint I have done more internet searching of the tax club and it seems some are very happy with the tax club and its services.

If you are one of these people I am very happy for you and the tax club. I want to send you my very best wishes.

I am so much happier having my income taxes done with a person who works in an office and I can talk this person face to face.

by Laurie